Consider the Kimpossibilities

A record of my personal flaws: internet addiction, child neglect & endangerment, and bitchiness. p.s. Most of this is LIES and whatever isn't a lie is exaggeration.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Get Eggcited about PWT Poultry

CHICKENS 005.JPG...
CHICKENS 005.JPG...,
originally uploaded by Kimmy Crack Corn.
As if we needed something to make us official, here is a shot of a section of our backyard, complete with the unfinished coop and ramp going into the chickens' room (which has a freakin' ceiling fan for crying out loud so don't be gettin' all uppity and thinkin' you're better than me -- MY chickens have a ceiling fan ... do yours?)

They are filthy but they have popped out six eggs in three days so I forgive the mess. Each time they lay an egg, they dance around clucking wildly. Actually, so do me & Husband. It's very eggciting, this egg laying.

Surpisingly, the eggs themselves are not filthy; rather, they are light brown and beautiful. And for those of you who didn't major in biology, you don't have to have a rooster to get eggs. You only have to have a rooster to get eggs with baby chicks inside.

FYI: My parents are coming this weekend, so I may be on hiatus for a while. But I'm sure everything out of my dad's mouth will be fodder for a post. In case I'm not back for a while, have a great long weekend and be on the lookout for Ophelia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home