Consider the Kimpossibilities

A record of my personal flaws: internet addiction, child neglect & endangerment, and bitchiness. p.s. Most of this is LIES and whatever isn't a lie is exaggeration.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Croup, Poop, Hurricanes, Neuroticism, etc.

  1. Goose has croup and is making me want to contact an adoption agency. Imagine constant screaming and whining, lots of snot, and a seal-like bark. AROUND THE CLOCK. Finally today the barking has been replaced by a "junkie, smoker's cough" but the snot and the whining/screaming continue. Lord help us all. The night before he developed it he was crawling around in his room without a diaper on, "airing it out," and pooped on the floor. He has done this so many times before that it's not even funny (and he always does it in the same spot) and STILL we continue to let him air it out to prevent diaper rash. This time, however, we didn't realize that he had pooped until it was too late. He was thus given the opportunity to paint himself and many other items with the poop. It got down into the cracks in the wood floor. Then when I finally looked around and noticed what was going on, I just stood there and screamed for Husband to come help because what do you do in that situation? There was poop EVERYWHERE and there were no good options. So I finally just picked him up and put him in the tub without water thinking that he could just play nicely in there for a minute while I went to the top of the stairs to yell "HELP" a few more times because Husband had not heard me screaming and was still unaware of the disaster. In that split second, The Goose slipped in the tub and bonked his head and started screaming. By the time the night was over we were all covered in poop as was the bathtub, several books, and three rubber ducks. Nobody ever tells you how really dirty you get in just the routine of baby life or how hard it is when they scream a whole lot and you can't make them stop. It's hard. It makes you nearly insane, as if you needed any help.
  2. Hurricane Katrina has struck and most of my family/friends in Mississippi are without power. I'm sure the class reunion and my trip down south will be cancelled. And I thought that the Poop & Croup were disastrous ... have you seen footage of the Gulf area? It's awful. Total devastation. There's nothing else to say about that.
  3. I lost my wallet but then found it again four days later. NIGHTMARE. Stop what you are doing right now and go through your wallet and make a list of everything you would need to replace if you lost it. I, being the over-organized, neurotic type A that I am, had done this and it was a life saver.
  4. Started teaching last night. I arrived to total chaos ... the tropical storm was hitting Nashville just as class started. We had no classroom and there were students everywhere who didn't speak English and were freaking out. I have ten students in my academic listening/speaking class and will meet my Literacy II students tonight.
  5. I am getting my hair cut today and highlighted (for the first time ever) by a new girl who is still in school for hair design. What in the world is wrong with me? I take chances like there is nothing to lose.

In sum, there are LOTS of seeming catastrophes in my life right now. I'm trying to remind myself that in reality none of these events are TRULY disastrous and that we are still lucky beyond belief even though I don't know why. What if it runs out, our luck? I hate the whatiffing but also I can't stop. There's too much at stake. This whiny, poopy, croopy baby has brought too much love into my life and now I'm nothing but a blob of worry and Almay.

I hope all is well with the readers. Stay dry and if you're bored, take heart! There are always babies to be taken care of ... come on down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home