Consider the Kimpossibilities

A record of my personal flaws: internet addiction, child neglect & endangerment, and bitchiness. p.s. Most of this is LIES and whatever isn't a lie is exaggeration.

Monday, August 01, 2005

In the Matter of Bob v. NWA ...

Since I'm sure you have been checking this site furiously trying to find out how the court case came out, here's your answer: NWA sent an attorney (Talbot's suit, briefcase, high heels, hair pulled back) who asked for a continuance to which Bob the Brilliant agreed. Even as I type, ivy league law schools are getting the news about my phenomenal legal mind and are preparing to offer me positions in their next class. Now we'll all meet back cheerily next week after the defendant has had more time to prepare and Bob has had more time to get nervous and wonder why on earth she is taking on the fourth largest airline in the world in a matter of less than $500. I have asked this question before, but it begs to be asked again: If you know what in the world is wrong with me, please post a comment.

Then, after agreeing to the continuance, I met with her to ask if this matter could be settled "right here and now." She said that Northworst Airlines gets a lot of these "little matters of fragile items" and that they are stubborn about protecting their interests. Then she said that if I was willing to take less than what I've asked for (which is only the amount of the pump, plus the rental of another one and totals about $400) then she would certainly pass that information on to her client and get back to me. I just stared in disbelief and then informed her that anything less wasn't worth my time. She then conceded that I had been "quite diligent" and said, "I'll see you in a week." At this point, why shouldn't I be hell bent?

In case anyone is interested in forming a pep squad to back me up, I'll be in courtroom 2 at the Metro Courts next Monday at 8:45 a.m. wearing the same thing I wore today.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger mamabird said…

    Oooh, oooh, oooh! I was so anxious to hear what happened in court today. I can't believe you are really going through with it...I'm SOOOO proud of you. Gutsy. You totally should be doing this because they get away with stuff like this all too often. I was sure that they wouldn't even bother to send a lawyer -- that is too crazy.

    You go girl. Seriously. That's awesome. I wish I had a video tape of it. Do you get to say "lactation" and "clogged ducts" in the courtroom? If so, you should ask that the court reporter read it back aloud, just to make sure that she got it right!!!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger KayJayPea said…

    Bob, you're awesome. I hope you're back to mechanical tiddy-pumping in no time... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home