Consider the Kimpossibilities

A record of my personal flaws: internet addiction, child neglect & endangerment, and bitchiness. p.s. Most of this is LIES and whatever isn't a lie is exaggeration.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

I'm saucy today

Thanks to all for emailing me with your comments about the blog. I do love hearing from you, but the point of a blog is to post your comments so that we can have a “conversation” online by responding to one another. At the end of each of my entries is a link for “comments” where you can post your thoughts. Please use it!

Now, about the nature of those emails …

I’ll be frank: Thanks for your recommendations and guidance, but I do not need advice on how to get my child to sleep through the night or how to get my husband to become more helpful and involved by utilizing a breastpump and stockpiling my milk, nor do I need volunteers to keep the baby while I “get out the house.” Baby J now sleeps through the night, my husband is getting much better—essentially, he’s fantastic—when it comes to dealing with our child, and we’ve got it covered as far as childcare is concerned since he now works only four days a week. Maybe I should clarify a few goals and intentions of my blog.

After reading your emails, I’m thinking that I should’ve given the blog the title “Kimpossible” rather than “HEMs.” I am fully aware that much of my angst is related to a situation I have chosen—being a full-time mom. I also realize that a lot of it is totally unjustified. But can’t a girl just bitch? A full 90% of my time is totally stress-free and enjoyable. It blows even my mind that I actually LIKE staying home (although my husband and I both agree that it won’t last forever and that I should start working at least part-time sooner rather than later just to prevent future breakdowns). So let me have my 10% of dissatisfaction! And anyway, anyone who knows me knows that some of this is just a teensy bit exaggerated. I needed an outlet and thought that perhaps others could contribute. I wasn’t calling out for help, I’m not a desperate housewife, and I don’t feel like I’m wasting my potential staying home with my child for a while. Mostly, I just like to write and wanted to put it out there.

The source of the information presented in this blog is twofold: First, I find that the way gender issues play out in our family is amusing to me, so I write about it. Second, and more importantly, the thoughts that are going through my mind in the middle of the night (which is when much of this is composed) are often not a true picture of reality. Even though we are getting MUCH more sleep now, there are times when I am awake because for nearly half a year my body woke up several times a night and now my sleep cycles are a little disjointed. Then there are the minor issues of me just liking to hear myself talk and the fact that someone (unbeknownst to me) must have forced me to smoke crack at some point in the past. Mostly, though, the gender issues and the whacked out sleep cycles explain it.

So, please do like the instructions say at the top of the page: read, eat, and be merry (and COMMENT if you want)! Whew, I feel better now that I’ve gotten that off my chest. And now … on with the show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home